Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: retaining snow loads[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: retaining snow loads
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:45:59 -0700
Title: RE: retaining snow loads
Come to think of it maybe that's all that happened in my case! Maybe you could model the snow behaviour like a stiff slurry with a coefficient of internal friction like for a granular material that would give some sort of angle of repose steeper than which you could work out the retaining forces like grain in silo? Impact loads would then be an enhancement of that analysis?
Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
- Prev by Subject: Re: retaining snow loads
- Next by Subject: RE: retaining snow loads
- Previous by thread: Re: retaining snow loads
- Next by thread: RE: retaining snow loads