Re: Long Span Bridge - Any Thoughts Out There in SEAINT World

In the NSBA prize bridge brochure, they define short, medium and long-span
as:

Short span less than 120'
Medium span is up to 400'
Long span is over 400'.

(Incidentally, if you want more information on the NSBA Prize Bridge
program, email Mike Moffitt at moffitt(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com)

----------
> From: Paul Meyer <PMeyer(--nospam--at)HASimons.com>
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
> Subject: RE: Long Span Bridge - Any Thoughts Out There in SEAINT World
> Date: Thursday, September 16, 1999 3:24 PM

Don't have source for this other than intuition, but I would split the
world
of bridges into three parts:

Short span:  Less than one truck length
Medium span: 1-2 truck lengths
Long Span:  More than two truck lengths.

Truck length being the longest truck allowed in the particular
jurisdiction.