Steel deck diaphragms

We have designed a single story tilt-up with a steel deck roof diaphragm.
The roof deck is attached to all supports with puddle welds.  Our design
assumes that the tilt-up panel parallel to the roof joists (therefore
perpendicular to the span of the deck) is continuously supported by the
roof deck, and the roof deck therefore acts as a continuous crosstie, thus
eliminating the need for additional wall anchors.  (1994 UBC 1631.2.9.5
requires ties be in addition to the roof sheathing only for wood
diaphragms).  We have verified that the perimeter puddle welds are adequate
for the wall anchorage force, and the capacity of the deck in compression
is adequate.  We are still unable to convince the plan checker that this is
an adequate diaphragm.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or better
yet, any reference material which will support our design?