RE: retaining snow loads

We had a failure of a ski area structure in Alaska due to lateral loading of
snow that slid off the roof.  Do not know if the design engineer wrote
anything about it. The structure is located at Alyeska Ski Resort, near
Anchorage.  Snow fall exceeds 100 feet per season.

Seems prudent to consider lateral loads from roof fallen snow.

Bill Scott, P.E.
VECO Engineering
949 East 36th Street, Suite 500
Anchorage, AK 99508