Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete in wall, what for?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Concrete in wall, what for?
- From: Darrell Hambley <dth(--nospam--at)red.primextech.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:08:58 -0700
Here's an interesting thing I saw....While vacationing on the Oregon coast I just had to stop by a job site (more interesting to me than a refrigerator-magnet shop). A two story house was being built a few hundred yards from the beach (very windy). On the bottom floor on the leeward side was a garage door. The stud wall on either side of the door (about 4 ft on each side) and the space between the header and plates was filled with concrete. No other wall was built like this. The other walls all had standard hold-downs. It was a weekend, no one around to ask. Could anyone guess what the concrete was there for? DH
- Prev by Subject: Re: CONCRETE COLUMNS
- Next by Subject: RE: Concrete in wall, what for?
- Previous by thread: RE: steel deck diaphragms
- Next by thread: RE: Concrete in wall, what for?