RE: Re: retaining snow loads

Thompson Pass, summit elevation 2,800 and only 20 miles from the city of Valdez, Alaska (sea level) has an average annual snow fall of 150 feet. The highway maintenance station is located at the summit. Therefore the only way the maintenance personnel can get home is to plow the road. With this incentive they manage.

James Allen, P.E.