Re: Federal building code future

The building code is only effective if it is enforced.  Working for a testing
laboratory in California for over 10 years I have seen inconsistent
enforcement of code on federal jobs.  These jobs usually specify inspection
and testing as part of the construction contract.  This conflict makes it
difficult, if not impossible, to ensure that the contract documents are
followed.  There's no LA City Building & Safety, OSHPD, DSA, etc. for
enforcement of these projects.  (Reminds me of the Metro Rail subway!)