Split Ring Trusses and Epoxy Repair

hello,

I have a project where we inspected some built up split ring trusses.  In
most of the web members the ends are split, some as much as 1/4" wide.
First, where can I get information on split rings?  Second, are the split
rings still effective  even with the splits through the end of the member?
Last, has anyone heard of using an adhesive to repair this kind of problem
and where could I get some information on it?

Thanks,

Mike zaitz