collectors & omega

I have a 112'x60' two story wood framed building with partially grouted cmu
exterior walls. (roof, second floor over slab on grade). In the short
direction I have two 10' sections on each side of the building, of stacked
double sided plywood shearwalls spaced every 20'. (Evenly spaced, very
redundant.)

Can I use the collector element exceptions of section 1633.2.6 or do I need
the omega 2.8x increase/1.4ASD. The exception is for "structures or portions
thereof braced *entirely* by light framed wood shear walls...". However, I
have six lines of equally spaced plywood shear wall resistance between the
exterior cmu walls. The omega seems a bit severe for this application, I
already have a near fault increase, my collectors are almost as big as my
holdowns.

Now for some complaining....Who's Idea was section 1633.2.9 item 3? We use R
of 4.5, then this paragraph states that flexible diaphragms with
concrete/cmu walls must use design forces from section 1630.2 using R of
less than or equal to 4? Why not make it 3.1415927....

Regards,
Jeff Smith