Autocad 2000 R2

I need some feedback on the latest Autocad version - specifically the
Architectual Desktop. I understand that this version is not compatabile with
past versions of the Softdesk 8 (SDSK) package and has eliminated a great
deal of the structural elements. I also understand that a decent structural
package from their AEC group is 12 to 18 months away at the earliest.

There seems to be sufficient advantage to upgrade to the latest Desktop R2
from the ability to open multiple drawings and share information. However, I
am interested in the opinions of those who have done so.

Are many of you using your Release 14 or ealier versions with the Softdesk
addon in tandem with the 2000 Desktop? Have you recreated a structural shapes
symbol library (ie, used the lisp macros to create paramentric shapes and
saved them to separate drawing files for use as blocks in 2000)?  How have
you overcome the loss of these tools and what advantages has the upgrade
brought to your office by way of productivity?

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this message so I give you
the options of sending your replies to me at seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com or to the
Online Listservice (online(--nospam--at)seaint.org) or to this list at the discretion and
approval of the other list members.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE
editor - SEAINT Online