Re: Autocad 2000 R2

Dennis,

If what you are looking for is a good detailing package (both RC and steel) I
suggest you have a look at

http://www.cads.co.uk

We are currently testing their design and drafting software and it looks very
good.

Regards,

Pedro Santos

Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> I need some feedback on the latest Autocad version - specifically the
> Architectual Desktop. I understand that this version is not compatabile with
> past versions of the Softdesk 8 (SDSK) package and has eliminated a great
> deal of the structural elements. I also understand that a decent structural
> package from their AEC group is 12 to 18 months away at the earliest.
>
> There seems to be sufficient advantage to upgrade to the latest Desktop R2
> from the ability to open multiple drawings and share information. However, I
> am interested in the opinions of those who have done so.
>
> Are many of you using your Release 14 or ealier versions with the Softdesk
> addon in tandem with the 2000 Desktop? Have you recreated a structural shapes
> symbol library (ie, used the lisp macros to create paramentric shapes and
> saved them to separate drawing files for use as blocks in 2000)?  How have
> you overcome the loss of these tools and what advantages has the upgrade
> brought to your office by way of productivity?
>
> I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this message so I give you
> the options of sending your replies to me at seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com or to the
> Online Listservice (online(--nospam--at)seaint.org) or to this list at the discretion and
> approval of the other list members.
>
> Sincerely,
> Dennis S. Wish PE
> editor - SEAINT Online

begin:vcard
n:Santos;Pedro
tel;fax:351-81-326978
tel;home:351-81-325159
tel;work:351-81-325195
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Raiz - Gabinete de Engenharia, Lda.
version:2.1
email;internet:raiz1(--nospam--at)mail.telepac.pt
adr;quoted-printable:;;Urb. Colina dos Mouros=0D=0ALote 9 - 1=BA Esq.;Tavira;;8800-384 Tavira;Portugal
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Pedro Santos
end:vcard