WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT: Our Shipp Came In

WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT:  OUR SHIPP CAME IN!

To which
"Ed Workman" <eworkman(--nospam--at)fix.net>
Subject: Re: SEAOC Seismic Design Manual Seminar - Vol. 1
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:44:08 ?0700

Replied:

>Maybe not, but most of the code writers are volunteers and work for
>free. Also, I've personally met several of them and none that I've met are
>capable of walking on water.
>
>Thank God we at least have design manuals to see how the authors intend
>for the code to be interpreted.

As Mr. Greenlaw

*[Re: Rigid vs Flexible residential diaphragm discussion; Mon. 09 Aug
* 1999  00:20:56 ? 0700]
*[Seismology Aug 13 Meeting: comments; Thu. 12 Aug 1999  03:21:46 ?
* 0700]
*[Re: Wood: Are  you as confused as I?????;  Tue. 17 Aug 1999  00:34:52
* - 0700]
*[Diaphragm flexibility: code history;  Fri. 20 Aug 1999  00:26:00 ?
* 0700]

has so eloquently said,  all this needs to happen before codification,
and there is little excuse not having an adequate review process which
is inclusive of actual practitioners.  Thanks to John Shipp we may be on
the way to a better process wherein this will be realized.