RE: NCEES Str. II Exam

John C. Jones asks:

. > I'm mainly curious about what type of problem can last 4 hours apiece.

The type of problem that you would be spending 4 days on in the office.

When I was doing part-time teaching, I would ask my students if they were
ever told how to take a test.  Most of the time, I got blank stares.  I then
went on to explain that in taking a test they should want to show how much
they know, not how well they can complete one problem; that they should allot
a certain amount of time to do the arithmetic and another period of time to
narratively describe how they would complete the problem and what needs to be
considered.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona