Re: Keylat wood analysis and autocad coordinate download to excel

Dave,
Thanks for the mention of my software but I, too, am having some problems
with the torsion design and have not been able to get help from anyone else
on the list. The file I sent you has your macro embedded as I inserted your
spreadsheet with the macro directly into mine (use the macro feature in Excel
to verify that it exists unless it was added to a separate worksheet for
storage). I could not get it to work - it did run but was unable to bring the
coordinates into the spreadsheet inasmuch as it kept asking me to define the
drawing areas within AutoCad - which I did - but would provide an error
message and dump me out or hang up.

QLat is NOT a part of but of the old Lateral Pro company. Keylat is a product
from Keymark Industries in Boulder Co. - which is known for their plated
truss design programs used by truss manufactures for proprietary plate
systems AND the original truss Joist TJ Beam program.
Keylat seems to be based on an earlier attempt by Keymark (around 1993) in a
program called Intelligent Take-off.

Please see my other post on this topic.

I have been hesitant to distribute my program to the 200 or so who requested
it because the results of the rigid analysis are still not accurate. If you
or anyone can give me some help on this, I would be more than happy to donate
the program to everyone who wants it. I just need someone with spreadsheet
knowelege who can track the steps for rigid analysis. I also need some help
in expanding the program to remove openings in the diaprhagm from the torsion
analysis.

It would seem that with some 200 people who responded some of you might be
able to help.

Dennis

In a message dated 9/23/1999 9:49:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,