From: David Puskas [mailto:david_puskas(--nospam--at)bswintl.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 10:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Advice on MBS please

** Low Priority **

Dear piers;

We are involved with preparing a proposal for a project in which the owner
would prefer to use a MBS (Metal Building System).  I have given the client
deflection criteria which I feel is appropriate so that the architect may
use infill such as metal studs with EIFS with or without brick veneer.  I
suggested using .005h for this deflection criteria.  The structure is one
story restaurant, rectangular in plan, approx. 3000 to 3200 square feet.

Our firm will be designing the foundations for the project.  I would like to
inquire what if any complications or responsibility cross over issues which
some of you may have experienced and your opinions on how to circumvent
these issues.

I have read the article in structure " Who's Responsible " addressing some
of these issues.

Thanks for you input;

Dave Puskas, P.E.