Are you too old to change your ways?

Most of the damages caused by Northridge earthquake are cosmetics and not
structural damages.  In my more than 200 houses that I inspected, very few
are structural damages.  Most of the structural damages are houses before the
1971 code.  Most of the damage houses were not bolted into the foundation.  I
don't think you can find many structurally damaged houses that were designed
using 1991 code.

Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.