RE: Steel Floor Plate

The table in the AISC Manual appears to be based on simple span conditions
where the plate can slip over one support giving really conservative
results.

Roark, Table 26 has many conditions, but does not apply if deflections
exceed the thickness of the plate/2 when the plate is held to the support
(most plates are attached at supports). Page 408 (5th edition) has a table
of formulas for rectangular plates with edges held that accounts for
membrane stress.

Bill Scott, P.E., S.E.
VECO Engineering
949 East 36th Street, Suite 500