Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Open Walled "Shed"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Open Walled "Shed"
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:46:03 -0700
That's true. The uplift is as you described. The lateral loads are the one under discussion. If the amount of "parapet" is very small then the only loads that I can see are, in the limit, the horizontal vectors calculated from the "perpendicular to member" coefficients acting on the roof planes. Different slopes give different resultants. These may be larger than the exposed "parapet" and column loads. I concur with your assessment but my associate still thinks that calculation is too small and I'm trying to convince him that his fear is not justified.
Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Open Walled "Shed"
- Next by Subject: Re: Open Walled "Shed"
- Previous by thread: RE: Open Walled "Shed"
- Next by thread: Re: Open Walled "Shed"