Seismic load path

I am doing the preliminary design of a church structure in CA.  Below is a
rough sketch of the building cross section.  Use a mono-spaced font to view
it, like courier.

             /\
           /    \
         /        \
        |          |
        |          |
       /|          |\
     /  |          |  \
   /    |----------|    \
 /------|          |------\
|                          |
|                          |
|                          |

The roof slope is 5:12.  Part of the building has a mezzanine above a class
room area, as shown in the center portion of the sketch.  The two side areas
are to be mechanical equipment area.  Above the sanctuary there is NO
mezzanine or mechanical space, it is open with cathedral type ceiling.  The
building foot print is 60' x 94' with the ridge running the long direction.
Ideally the architect wants to frame this out of wood.  Initially I thought
of using wood I-joists for the rafters and clear spanning the sanctuary with
glulams.

My question is one of lateral stability.  I assume I am not the first person
to tackle a building shape like this.  I anticipate using shear walls for
lateral resistance.  The architect has punched numerous door (into mech.
space) and window holes in the vertical side walls of the mezzanine.  How
would you suggest framing this type of building for lateral stability,
maintaining a load path through the upper and lower roofs, side walls, etc.

Thanks for your input.  I appreciate all suggestions.

Rich

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org