Channels - Weak-axis bending

There doesn't seem to be a direct reference to weak-axis bending of channels in ASD.  One P.E. in my office says that the allowable is 0.75 Fy as referenced in a "cover-all" statement, but we weren't able to find that statement.  We also noted that Enercalc uses 0.75 Fy in the weak-axis.  Can someone guide me to the appropriate section of ASD, LRFD, or any other AISC reference?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.  I suspect that Mr. Carter at AISC could be helpful in this area as usual.

Frank Griffin
Ft. Worth, Texas