RE: 97 Code is a Life Safety Standard

I question why the code writers thought that the seismic provisions required a purpose but Division I, General Design Requirements, Division II, Snow Loads, and Division III, Wind Design do not require a purpose. I prefer the wording of Section 101.2 Purpose. It says it all and is applicable to the entire UBC.

James Allen, P.E.