Roof Joist Anchorage

I am working on a project where we have open web wood joists (such as the Trus Joist TJS ) sitting on top of a masonry wall.  Does anyone know of a way to tie the joists to the wall?  The Simpson PA series requires that one end be embedded in the masonry.  With the type of joist we want to use, this is not possible (top chord bearing with chord sitting on top of a 2x or 3x sill plate).  The local sales rep does not have any ideas.  We are in Zone 3 so really need to tie the joist to the walls.  Any ideas?

--Kipp Martin, P. E.
Portland, Oregon