Re: RE: Roof Joist Anchorage

I have done this by creating a subdiaphram at the fron and back walls
between the joists.  The subdiaphragm is 8' x 8'.  Provide 3x subpurlins
perpedicular to the front wall and anchor the wall to the subdiaphragm
with holdowns at 2' o.c.  It has been a while since I have done this and
don't know how well this works now with the '97 UBC forces.

Christopher M. Harris, P.E.