Re: RE: Roof Joist Anchorage

I have done this by creating a subdiaphragm at the front and back walls
between the joists.  The subdiaphragm is 8' x 8'.  Provide 3x subpurlins
perpendicular to the front and back walls and anchor the wall to the
subdiaphragm with holdowns at 2' o.c.  Drag wall anchorage fores into the
joists via subdiaphragm shear.  It has been a while since I have done this
and don't know how well this works now with the '97 UBC forces.

Christopher M. Harris, P.E.