Rigid Diaphragm Analysis for Plywood Shear Walls

I have been watching the past threads revealing the frustrations of Dennis
Wish, Bill Allen and others and I commiserate with them.  I have turned down
structural design jobs on two 2-story custom homes already because I am not
sure that I know how to design them using the '97 U.B.C.  I doubled my normal
fees and was relieved when the client went elsewhere.
I have been thinking about ways that one might utilize software that is
already developed for now to save time in this analysis.  Enercalc has a
program for rigid diaphragms for concrete or masonry walls that I believe
could be adapted for use with plywood shear panels.  If there was a good
user-friendly program for calculating plywood shear wall deflections, then
the plywood shear panels (assumed first trial) could be loaded with the same
load, say 2 to 5K and the deflections noted for each panel.  The inverse of
these deflections could be normalized and treated as relative rigidities and
used in the Enercalc program for purposes of distributing the shear from the
"rigid" plywood diaphragm.  This part of it is fairly simple once the panels
are located on the coordinate grid.  It is the shear panel deflection calcs
that are difficult and time consuming.
This may have to be cycled more than once depending on the actual shears that
the shear walls receive and their strength and stiffness based on the
original shear panel assumed for plywood type and nailing.  This two-step
process could reduce the calc time, if there is a good program for
calculating the plywood shear panel deflections available with all of the
factors incorporated that contribute to the deflection.
This is just a thought and I welcome your comments and any information on
available software for plywood shear wall deflection calcs.
Ray Shreenan, S.E.