RE: Steel Floor Plate

Charlie:

I agree that the floor plate tables would be an asset to the 3rd LRFD Manual.
To be most useful to the design practitioner, please make sure that the
material, the strength (maximum live load) and the serviceability (deflection)
criteria are clearly indicated.  I have seen tables put out (not by AISC) that
considered the "steel" plate pinned for loads and fixed for deflection.

Rick Drake, SE, AISC
Principal Structural Engineer
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com on 09/24/99 07:09:24 AM