Re: Rigid Diaphragm Analysis for Plywood Shear Walls

I might be wrong on this one, and possibly Mike Brooks can clarify this, but
the rigid analysis in the Enercalc library is not writting specifically for
concrete or masonry but is a general analysis program that assumes only the
rigidity of diaphragm. The user defines the Modulus of Elasticity of the
walls and the thickness of the wall. If the User inputs unity as the E and t
values, the program assumes the same materials and distributes the shear from
torsion by the stiffness of the walls based upon their heights and lengths.
This program, in my opinion, is not material specific and can be used very
well for diaprhgms supported by wood walls. If anyone has any other
knowledge, please explain to me what I am missing here.

Dennis S. Wish PE

In a message dated 9/26/1999 2:31:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,