Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
wind gust response[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: wind gust response
- From: "Aya-Welland, Ruben A." <RAyaWelland(--nospam--at)tt-cbm.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:14:24 -0500
> I have a question: > > I have a building whose preliminary fundamental frequency is rather high > (about 5.5 seconds for a 30 story building). I am concerned that under > wind loading (no seismic zone) this arrangement will see some undesirable > dynamic response --- in terms of wind gust response...not life-safety > issues, but rather, issues of comfort. It is a residential tower. The > drifts are not outrageous --- it is more of an issue where the lateral > system CR is quite eccentric to the building CM. > > Any thoughts? > Thanks.
- Prev by Subject: Wind -Reply
- Next by Subject: RE: wind gust response
- Previous by thread: RE: curved tube steel shapes
- Next by thread: RE: wind gust response