RE: Steel Books

Les,

It took me about five years, but I got the complete set one by one.  I
ended up trading a couple of books to a friend to get the last edition.
Every once in a while I run across an "extra" copy in a used book store.
One person that I know got on the internet and found a 1st or 2nd
edition, but the store wanted something like $750.00!  The prices here
range from $2 to $10.  The local engineers (Knoxville and Oak Ridge) are
currently snatching these up pretty quickly, but I'll keep your e-mail
address and look on your behalf the next time I'm in one of the stores.
Nothing beats the sensation of reaching up to pull down that little
black book and find that its a First Ed Manual of Steel Construction in
mint condition!  Good luck in the hunt!

Michael Ritter, PE