RE: Salary Survey

Perhaps I mis-handled Adam Smith, although the 'invisible hand' business
seems to be favored by a lot of Smith-quoting supply-siders as providing
the greatest good to the greatest number. In any event, the subject was
collective determination of engineering rates.

>When I estimate a fee I base it on four things. One is my cost and profit.
>Second is my billing rate. Thirdly, I look at what my competition might
>charge.

But the price of your services is completely subjective and _not_ a
'function of the labor invested in the creation of the value' as
theoretically proved by Karl Menger. I guess a grasp of such subtleties
allows economists to predict recessions so successfully.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw