RE: [used to be] Channels - Weak-axis bending [now it's LRFD an

Re LRFD:

One of the reasons for AISC and the U.S. steel industry to switch from the
familiar ASD to the not-so-different LRFD method is to be more consistent with
the basis of foreign steel codes.  By sharing a common limit state basis, we can
also share the latest research and design formulations.  As Charlie Carter
pointed out, whenever LRFD is different than ASD, it's because the LRFD reflects
later and more complete research, often limit state research completed in other
countries.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo

Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com> on 09/27/99 08:25:05 PM