RE: Salary Survey

I don't think this is a very good example. Had "laissez faire" been a part
of this process, the nuclear power industry would still be alive and viable
today.

This process was gummed up by the bureaucrats, who make their living not
solving problems, but shuffling papers and (speaking of unintended
consequences) thereby creating bottlenecks and still MORE problems.

As one who has been involved in construction of nukes, I can tell you: It
isn't the designers or constructors, it's the regulatory agencies and
ridiculous requirements (like Davis-Bacon inspired union labor mandates)
that caused design and construction problems and delays, and destroyed that
industry.