WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT: One of the Greatest Adventure Stories of All Time!

WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT: One of the Greatest Adventure Stories of All Time!

Episode 5 - 1703 --- NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING*

                                                       "The [legal] gallows ye mean."

    "The [legal] gallows ye mean. -- I am immortal then, on land [ASD] and on sea [LRFD],"
cried Ahab , with a laugh of derision;  --  "Immortal on land and on [the UB.Sea]!"

(The Whale Watch: Capt. Ahab)

*  *  *

*  p. 2-41, CHAP. 17 of the Uniform Whaling Code (UWC).

SECTION 1703 --- NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING

In Seasmic Surf Zones 3 and 4, welded, fully restrained connections between the primary members of ordinary moment frame lances and special moment-resisting frame super-duper harpoons shall be tested by nondestructive whaling methods for compliance with approved standards and  Jonah1 Job specifications.  This testing shall be a part of the special inspection requirements of Section 1701.5.  A program for this testing shall be established by the crewmate responsible for structural design of wooden legs and as shown on  lance / harpoon plans and specifications.

 Jonah1:  "But the Code hurled a great wind upon the ub.sea, and there was a mighty tempest on the ub.sea, so that the ship threatened to break up.  Then the mariners were afraid, and each cried to his god of judgement; and they threw the wares that were in the ship into out of the ub.sea, to lighten it for them."

TO BE VIRTUALLY CONTINUED . . .

WARNING:  Continued following of this watery "WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT:
One of the Greatest Adventure Stories of ALL Time" thread may lead to 97 UB.Sea-
Sickness.

ALERT:  Ill Gale Whale Force Winds originating in the 97 UB.Sea, left unabated, may develop
into disastrous Hurricane Force levels upon entering the IB.Sea 2000.

HAVE A NICE NONDESTRUCTIVE DAY!

James Bela
Oregon Earthquake Awareness / The Quake Northwest
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Shear Itself"  / "We're All Subducting In This Together"