RE: Parking Garage

David,

I just went through this exercise for our company.  I have the first edition
of Parking Structures - Planning, Design, Construction, Maintenance and
Repair, by Chrest, Smith, and Bhuyan, ISBN 0412996715.  I would not try to
design a parking garage without this book.  I would also add to their
drainage section to never ever have any parking garage surface that slopes
less than 1/4" per foot.  Drainage and proper maintenance are the killers of
parking garages.  Of special interest is the "Level of Service" (LOS).  The
LOS is critical to proper layout.

The second edition is out currently, but hard to get.  The third edition
will be out in the spring.

It can be ordered from Kluwer Academic Publishers http://www.wkap.nl/.  This
book is out of stock at the present time. You would have to backorder it and
we would order it from the Netherlands. It takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks
for it to arrive here. The price of the book is $125.00.

If you have a free standing parking structure, get the book, read it, and go
for it.  If the parking structure is below a building, call Walker Parking
and get some expert help on the layout.

For further info:
http://www.walkerparking.com/about.html
http://www.npapark.org/