RE: Untreated Sill Plates

I was involved in a similar project. The State Fire Marshall (the code enforcer) permitted the contractor to spray the sill plates with a product BEHR NO. 2-91 Dock and Fence Post Preservative. The fire marshall on required spraying the exposed surfaces and denching the top of the concrete with the hope that sufficient preservative flowed into the interface between the plate and the concrete.

James Allen, P.E.