Salary Survey

The question is not one of setting fees.  I, as do many, do not believe it
appropriate to have an industry wide set fee.  The question is -  is it not
time to reexamine our value to society as a profession?  Is it not time to
reexamine how we value our own time, education and experience?  My opinion
is that on the whole, we greatly undervalue our services and under serve our
clients.  As much as you think about code this weekend in Santa Barbara
think about the general welfare of the profession.  Also think about the
lawyer jokes you have heard.  Those lawyers though are getting the last
laugh; on the way to the bank.  Then read Larry Lao's post of 9-28.