Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Salary Survey[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Salary Survey
- From: Al Grathwol <AGrathwol(--nospam--at)BoyleEngineering.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:55:00 -0400
Note I said "sufficiently" cheaper - like when we start to run low on fossil fuels- the environmentalists will want their MTV too! -----Original Message----- From: Paul Meyer [mailto:PMeyer(--nospam--at)HASimons.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 3:36 PM To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org' Subject: RE: Salary Survey I don't think so. Ontario Hydro consistently proved that nuclear power was cheaper than thermal (oil/gas) generation using the CANDU reactor system, but still ran into strong opposition from various anti-technology groups like Greenpeace etc. Some people just can't get their heads around the idea of nuclear power; they don't care if hundreds of coal miners die every year or cities are choked with smog from thermal plants and lots of kids have respiratory problems, they just hate nukes. > > Nuclear power will become suddenly acceptable when it's > sufficiently cheaper > than power produced using other sources - and that may take a while. > Always follow the money!
- Prev by Subject: RE: Salary Survey
- Next by Subject: Re: Salary Survey
- Previous by thread: RE: Salary Survey
- Next by thread: Re: Salary Survey