Re: Enercalc

It has been my experience that Enercalc is "flaky".  For example, be wary when designing steel beams for weak axis bending.  Enercalc recently told me that my section was OK in weak axis, while showing results using strong axis values.  Hand calcs showed the member was not OK.  I intend to contact Enercalc tech support about this issue when I have a spare moment or two.  I don't know how helpful their support is yet.

Frank Griffin
Ft. Worth, Texas

>>> "David Puskas" <david_puskas(--nospam--at)bswintl.com> 09/30 8:44 AM >>>
** Low Priority **

I find Enercalc a "can't do without"  software package which continues to improve with each version.  The Enercalc software allows you to calculate all the major building materials in a consistant, uniform presentation for your calcualtion package.

Dave Puskas, P.E.
BSW International - Tulsa