From: Antonio J. Arthay, P.E. [mailto:tarthay(--nospam--at)wkminc.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 9:34 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Salary Survey

I could not agree more.  I think that the engineering societies should be
spending more time and money promoting the general public's awareness of
what engineers do for society.  I think we generally have an image problem,
which simply needs more work, since the nature of our business is generally
hidden from plain view.  A personal effort from each of us to educate all
people we have contact with on a daily basis would be an excellent start!!

Antonio J. Arthay, P.E.