Re: AASHTO ASD/LFD

Hector,

In the AISC publication, only Tables 2.0 through 4.7 consider constant moment of
inertia. These tables
show the actual force effects.

I use the ordinates in Tables A2.0 through A4.7 as well as those in Tables 2S,3S
and 4S for a quick and
inexpensive means to calculate moving live load moments, shears and reactions.

BTW, an increase in moment of inertia of 50% of the girder over the interior
supports gives approximately
a 5% increase in negative bending. Since Chris didn't elaborate the details, I
kept my response generic.

There are several issues to deal with when proportioning continuous girders. We
can discuss privately,
you know my number.

Tom

hmorera(--nospam--at)Ammann-Whitney.com on 09/30/99 02:17:50 PM