Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
350 plf limit of 2x sill[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: 350 plf limit of 2x sill
- From: Darrell Hambley <dth(--nospam--at)red.primextech.com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:41:27 -0700
I have a plywood BWP with hold-downs at either end which I would like to design for 453 plf (Hem-fir studs w/ 8d 3"oc) due to the moment the wall needs to react to . The lateral shear requirment for that same wall however is less than 350 plf (the limit for a 2x mudsill). The UBC verticle shear table says 3" oc is OK for 2x members. Does anyone see a problem with nailing at the 3" spacing into the mudsill if the shear is below 350 plf? This is for a 2 story SFR. Thanks in advance for your response.
- Prev by Subject: RE: 2000 UCBC
- Next by Subject: RE: 3x plates, shrinkage
- Previous by thread: Re: threads paper
- Next by thread: SSPC SP3