350 plf limit of 2x sill

I have a plywood BWP with hold-downs at either end which I would like to
design for 453 plf (Hem-fir studs w/ 8d 3"oc) due to the moment the wall
needs to react to . The lateral shear requirment for that same wall however
is less than 350 plf (the limit for a 2x mudsill). The UBC verticle shear
table says 3" oc is OK for 2x members. Does anyone see a problem with
nailing at the 3" spacing into the mudsill if the shear is below 350 plf?
This is for a 2 story SFR. Thanks in advance for your response.