RE: Salary Survey

<rant>

FYI, my personal opinion, is that it is not the fault of governmental
agencies that we do not get the credit we deserve. It is the so called
"professional" organizations to which we pay dues to every year who are not
acting in our best interest. Compare ASCE. NSPE, SEAO(where ever), etc. with
AMA, ABA and even AIA to see what I mean.

In other words, it's our own damn fault. We shouldn't be blaming text book
authors or news anchors or even the AIA. As I have said on many occasions,
we have met the enemy and it is us. If something has to change is will have
to be us. One major problem we have collectively is that we are not very
good at promoting ourselves. Maybe we should hire (with a portion of our
dues) a PR firm, eh?

</rant>

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E.