RE: Galvanized Structural Steel A440

If you check the table for A440 on page 5-156 of the 6th edition it does list
shapes, plate, and bars.  However, shapes are divided into three groups.  The
footnote on the adjacent page regarding shapes states that group III is one
range of W-shapes, group II another range of W-shapes as well as angles over
3/4" thick, and group I as "all shapes except those listed in groups II and
III".  Since 3/4+" thick angles are mentioned in Group II it would make sense
that thinner angles are included in group I.

Harold Sprague <harold.sprague(--nospam--at)neenan.com> on 10/01/99 12:33:18 PM