RE: Metric - what is it going to take???

With the metrification, there will be some "hard conversions" such as, the
2x4 will be known to our great great great great grandchildren as 50x100.

The difference is even more irrelevant if you consider that 2x4 is just a "nominal" size,
 the true size being a totally different story...

Making sense?

Antonio J. Arthay, P.E.