RE: UCI-CoLA Research

Amie,

Last I heard, all of the testing at Bob's lab has been with hand-driven
common nails and plywood.  What about comparing the behavior of gun-driven
nails and OSB?  This seems to be the preferred method today.  Also, some
investigation to put the story to rest regarding 3-ply vs. 5-ply plywood,
box vs. common nails, etc. would be welcome.

Regards,

John Silva
Hilti, Inc.