Re: '97 UBC Lateral Design - Envelope Solutions???? - Part 1

Mark E. Deardorff wrote:

> SNIP
>
> I disagree, however, with the option of eliminating conventional
> framing
> provisions as such. I agree that they are inadequate and should be
> strengthened. But, as you noted, we simply cannot force the cost of
> housing
> out of the reach of low income individuals.
>
> SNIP

> Mark Deardorff

Perhaps conventional construction does not need to be eliminated OR
strengthened but restricted to the types of single family homes that is
was originally intended; small, single story & boxy.

--
Robert Kazanjy, PE  **Disclaimer: I speak for myself not UC-Irvine**
Senior Development Engineer