RE: Hand-Calcs vs. Computer Calcs

I guess his point wasn't that "you should do this," since no one would argue
with you.

But rather, he is pointing out that, despite what we might agree "should" be
done, it ISN'T being done. Witness the fact that the H.S. math teachers
apparently have no qualms about not teaching the fundamentals of graphing
algebraic functions by hand.

I don't know for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the teachers
THEMSELVES probably don't know how to do this!