Re: Hand-Calcs vs. Computer Calcs

It's been a few decades since I read that, but if I remember correctly he realized that his invention would allow manned missiles to replace unmanned ones, and committed suicide rather than teach math for that purpose.

Phil

Paul Meyer wrote:

"The Feeling of Power" by Isaac Asimov.  First published February 1958 and reprinted numerous times since in various anthologies.

Myron Aub discovers how to do arithmetic by hand, without a computer.