From: Bill Polhemus <polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 3:10 PM
Subject: RE: Hand calcs and Y2K

From: Paul Martin [mailto:paul_martin(--nospam--at)corp.admworld.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 2:44 PM
To: Structural Engineers Association
Subject: Hand calcs and Y2K

During a casual conversation about Y2K with some of the engineers in the office, I got out what I called a Y2K readiness kit ... a slide rule and abacus.  Most of them had heard of such things, but never actually touched such things.  Made me feel like a relic.

Hm. How long since you used an Abacus?