Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic Design of Concrete Silos per ACI 313-97[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Seismic Design of Concrete Silos per ACI 313-97
- From: "Ed Marshall" <elmarshall(--nospam--at)HASimons.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 07:22:45 -0700
Title: Seismic Design of Concrete Silos per ACI 313-97
Paragraph 18.104.22.168 of the 1991 edition of ACI 313, "Standard Practice for Design and Construction of Concrete Silos ...", states that silos ... shall be designed ... to withstand lateral seismic forces ... using the provisions of the Uniform Building Code, 1988 Edition, except that the effective weight of the stored material shall be taken as 80 percent of the actual weight."
We are doing some foundation studies, and don't have a copy of the 1997 edition of this standard at hand. Does anyone know how this section reads in the 1997 edition? Particularly, if the use of 80 percent of the actual weight is still sanctioned.
Ed Marshall, PE
- Prev by Subject: Seismic Code Protests
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Design of Concrete Silos per ACI 313-97
- Previous by thread: Apology
- Next by thread: Re: Seismic Design of Concrete Silos per ACI 313-97